Poison & Prevention Information
By Age : Teens
Poison Prevention Tips
- Be prepared.
- Put the poison control number (1-800-222-1222, U.S. only) in, on or near your phone.
- Save webPOISONCONTROL® as a browser favorite (webPOISONCONTROL.org).
- Install a carbon monoxide alarm in every sleeping area of your home.
- Store medicines and products in their original containers.
- Store household products in a different place from food and medicine.
- Use medicines safely.
- Read the label before taking or giving medicine. Follow instructions exactly.
- Ask your teen's pediatrician before giving any herbal medicine or supplement.
- Monitor children closely when you allow them to take their own medicines.
- Discuss inhalant abuse when you discuss drug and alcohol abuse.
- Aerosol cans, air fresheners, gasoline, glue, hairspray, nitrous oxide, paint thinners, and spray paint can kill or cause permanent damage if abused.
- Baby-sitting? Check out the poison prevention tips for the ages of the children you are watching.
Poisoned? Get Expert Help Online
Don’t guess what you should do. Get accurate answers prepared by poison control experts. This tool will guide you. It’s free. It’s confidential.
HELP ME with a possible poisoning